Tuesday, February 9, 2010

14"x19"x30”

14"x19"x30" are the dimensions which define our life for the next year. Everything we want to bring with us must not only fit within these dimensions, but these items must also weigh less than 50lbs (without extra fees). With only five days left until our departure, Eric and I find ourselves struggling to decide what is necessary and what is not. What I find the most difficult to plan for is our orientation. Once Eric and I arrive in Seoul, we will be put up in a university dorm for ten days while we learn the basics of the Korean education system and Korean culture. While I am grateful for an extensive introduction to our new life, what must I plan to bring for this event? I know I need the basic toiletry items, maybe a towel, but I am still struggling to find room for all of these things!

Outside of the packing issue, Eric and I could not be more excited to start the next chapter of our lives. There are so many things we are excited for it is hard to articulate into words when people ask, "Are you excited?" We give the generic "Of course we are," but it is so much more than that. We are excited to move, work, travel, eat good food, and meet new people. I know what excites me the most is that I get to do all of these things with my best friend.

So what the next year has in store for us is still unclear, we do know one thing--we are looking forward to sharing our experiences with you!

Ciao for now,
Dana & Eric

1 comment:

  1. Best Wishes you two! Be safe, and by all means, have a blast! :-)

    ReplyDelete